GPS/GPRS monitoring module SLP-02
Kormoran module is designed for remote vehicle traffic and status control. Its mechanical and functional construction is optimized to meet rail vehicle traffic management requirements. It can be easily installed in every type of rail vehicle – carriages, special rail vehicles or locos.
Kormoran module is equipped with GPS (Global Positioning System), a GSM module for data reception and transmission, internal, self-contained power supply component and a set of sensors. The device transmits data in accordance with GSM/GPRS standards and in connection with our logistic software base system called KORMORAN™. Fully controllable access to stored and processed data allows real time monitoring and management of the railway traffic.
Robust construction provides resistance to harsh environmental conditions (low/high temperature, water/humidity, mechanical impacts) and guarantees the device remains reliable even after long-term use. Durable synthetic materials were used in the device’s housing, ensuring it is waterproof and damage-resistant. Unique vehicle fitting system protects Kormoran units from unintended and unauthorized dismantling.
Kormoran unit is additionally equipped with an electronic system designed for simple, reliable unit and vehicle identification. Supplied with movement sensors supported by specifically developed software algorithm, the device is able to generate accurate traffic (move/stop-off) data history related to each vehicle.
Mechanical construction along with the fitting system enable quick and simple installation of the unit to all types of industry-relevant vehicles such as coal carriages, tank cars, platform cars, self-unloading cars.
- energy consumption optimization („Kick Start” and „Assist Online”
‣ Quad-Band Technology (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz).
‣ Communication with server: SMS, GPRS (Class 12).
‣ Power supply: batteries allow continuous operation during the
period of 12-48 months
(battery life depends on the transmission frequency).
‣ A possibility of permanent source of supply (on-line transmission).
‣ Operating temperature range: -40 °C ...+ 80 °C.
- water resistance: IP 67 in accordance with EN 60529
- mechanical durability: IK 9 in accordance with PN-EN 50102
‣ Dimensions: 193x87x203 mm (LxWxH)
‣ Weight: 1.25 kg
KORMORAN TM is a software platform responsible for traffic management of rail vehicles. It is equipped with a Kormoran module. The system receives traffic data from Kormoran modules transferred via GSM network, then converts it to reports and statistics. It supports vehicles traffic monitoring and movement optimization. Capable of receiving traffic data and statistics from Kormoran modules transferred via GSM network, the system can be used for an accurate traffic evaluation of monitored vehicles. It also aids vehicular movement optimization.
Standard features of the system:
‣ Easy data access via the Internet.
‣ Data visualization – the ability to present latest available data
(such as GPS positions and various statuses) on a digital map.
‣ Time-based data storage.
‣ Traffic registration and analysis of user-defined, geographic areas.
‣ Journey-related information (vehicle speed, break time length etc.)
reception upon reaching given geographical areas.
‣ Advanced data (reports, statistics) generation options.
‣ Battery life control.
‣ Remote module diagnostics.